When cache is automatically refreshed?
Following rules are used:
- Category saves triggers to clear all cache because of top navigation, that appears across all site pages
- Product changes triggers invalidation of product, quickshopping and related category pages
- Cms page changes will update cms page url only. Home page will be updated too, if changed page is set as homepage
- Product review triggers review, review listing, related product and category pages refreshing.
- Product Tag changes makes the product and related tag list pages to refresh
- CatalogRules update triggers invalidating of related product and category pages
- New Order invalidates purchased product pages
Automatic cache updating can be disabled at
System > Configuration > TM > Cache > General options.
In this case you will be notified about cache invalidating, when one of the
supported events occurs.